Evacuees to attend the Council Business Centre in Moulamein [21 Morago St, Moulamein] to register your evacuations as you are leaving and to assist with protection of evacuated properties.
Wherever possible, people should go and stay with family or friends, or make other accommodation arrangements. An evacuation centre has been set up by Community Services at the Basketball Stadium in Deniliquin, Cemetry Road Deniliquin.
Companion animals should be taken to the Deniliquin Racecourse, Racecourse Road Deniliquin.
People who need assistance with their evacuations should contact Disaster Welfare on 0488 279 419.
As you evacuate you should;
• Make immediate arrangements, if you have not already, for your pets to be taken to the Deniliquin Racecourse. If you have livestock, activate any prepared arrangements.
• Raise your belongings by placing them on tables, beds and benches.
• Take a 2 week supply of spare clothing, medicines and personal hygiene supplies. Ensure you bring any presciptions with you.
• Take your important documents (such as identification and insurance paperwork), mementos and photos.
• If you are going to the evacuation centre, take blankets/sleeping bags, pillows and sleeping mats.
• If possible, check to see if your neighbours need help.
• Turn off the electricity and gas at the mains.
• Remember to Register with Council Business Centre at Moulamein
• Continue to listen to a local radio station for updates.
• Never drive ride or walk through floodwater.
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW SES on 132 500
NSW SES website: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
The flood evacuation order remains current until the all clear has been issued